Thursday, June 10, 2010

Daniel Kenneally - Aussie Drifter




Who are you, where are you from?
Dan Kenneally, Chermside, Brisbane , QLD.

What kind of car do you drift with? Australia only Skyvia Drift ute and a 500hp Nissan Cefiro

What else, apart from drifting, do you do?
Fulltime Professional driver. I renovate houses in my spare time.

What is your inspiration for drifting?
Its just a great form of motorsport. Its exhilarating everytime i jump into my car and drive it.

How do you prepare for a drift event?
Just a general check of major components on the cars, and in general i like to keep fit and active.

How expensive is drifting? How do you afford it?
Drifting is very expensive but i"m very fortunate to have a great network of companies that have backed myself and my team for many years. We give them a great return on their investment each year
and work very closely on maximising their investment dollars.

How many cars have you had?
Had quite a few now. My first a std Green RB silvia, Grey SR 180sx, Blue CA 180sx, then a revamped Pink 180sx, our current cefiro and of coarse our custom made Skyvia ute.

Any you regret selling?
No i've had a great deal of fun in all of these cars.

Who helps you at drift days?
Got a couple of close friends that help out, but my very proud father is my biggest supporter and generally tries to attend all events.

What do you think of stadium drift?
I think is is a great series. We get to travel all over and drive at some of the best tracks in Australia.

Where do you see the future of drifting in Australia?
It's had a bit of a slump in the past 2 years but as anything things need to get worse before they can get better. The sport will always have growth and hopefully over the next few years we will see some larger events taking place.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully doing what i"m doing now. Drifting. And buying more real estate and adding to my current portfolio.

What got you into drifting?
Saw it on a DVD. Got interested and tried it. Been doing it ever since.

How old are you?
32.

If you could run your own drift series, how would you run it differently?
I wouldn'"t. I enjoy driving to much.

Whats your dream street car?
Dont really have one. I do have a dream house though.

Whats your dream drift car?
I built it and am driving it right now.

What was your first car?
Holden Shuttle- for motorcycle racing

Do you have any regrets?
No regrets. I have had many positives come from this sport.

How do you feel you are competing at this years Stadium Drift?
I'm really enjoying it. didnt have the start we would have liked with a breakage in Round 1 but all in all im enjoying my time in the seat.

What will your next drift car be?
Not sure. I'm a bit reluctant to spend money on another car, i"d much prefer to invest the capital in another property.

Why the paint scheme?
The current paint scheme is in place to best represent the sponsors. To market them your vehicle needs to be set apart from the crowd but also maximise each companies logos to maximise their investment dollar.

What's your daily driver?
Black D40 Nissan navara. Dodge Nitro.

Where are you based?
Brisbane.

How many tyres have you gone through?
well over 800 i"d say.

What do your friends think of your drifting?
Alot of them envy my job. Its a dream job.

Do you make money out of drifting?
Yes.

Anyone you’d like to thank?
Of course.

Hogstar- Hogs Breath Cafe
Rockstar Energy Drink
Speedy Wheels Aust
Motul-BMC
Nismo- Japan
Toyo Tires
Racing_Logic
Tyrepower Aust
Monkey Warehouse- DMD
Haltech
Dantrans
Showdown Customs

and everyone who has helped out along the way.

Joseph Rigby
0407 782 058

No comments:

Post a Comment